WE KNOW WHAT YOU NEED - WE KNOW WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS
Department of Forensic Medicine is one of academic departments of Final Part 1, MBBS.
It is also known as Police Suregeon Office in Mandalay General Hospital.
Never say never and never say always.
The teaching of forensic medicine (theory, post-mortem demonstration and clinical forensic medicine) in Final Part I MBBS started on 18.5.1957 at the Institute of Medicine, Mandalay by Prof Dr Kyaw Maung (Surgeon, attached to the Police Surgeon Office, Mandalay General Hospital). The teaching of forensic medicine and forensic science in the Central Training Institute of Myanmar Police Force, Zeebingyi and training courses in the Central Investigation Department have been started since 1998. Postgraduate course for MMedSc (Medical Jursiprudence) was opened in 2001 and DrMedSc (Medical Jurisprudence) course was in 2003.
The former heads of the Department of Forensic Medicine were:
1. Professor Kyaw Maung (1957)
2. Dr. R Bur Su Dae (1957 - 1960)
3. Professor Aung Nyunt (1962 - 1963) (1964 - 1965) (1965 - 1966)
4.Professor Bah Choon (1963 - 1964)
5. Professor Thaung Myint (1965) (1966 - 1993)
6. Professor Phon Myint Win (1993 - 1994)
7. Dr Than May Kyi (1994 - 1998)
8. Professor Myo Min (1998 - 2008)
9. Professor Myo Thaik Oo (2009 - 2013)
10. Dr Thaung Lin (2003 - 2015)
Faculty members of the Department of Forensic Medicine