The library collectively owns more than 45,000 books, 2000 thesis and 1,2000 periodicals , more than 7800 e-books and HINARI databases , electronic reference works and eformat and together with thesis collections and list of thesis from other medical libraries. The special collections consist of thesis softcopy, old questions, medical videos, English language audio & video; lecture powerpoint, and other from all e-resources. Comprehensive information about our collections can be found in the collection profile of the University of Medicine Mandalay library book catalogue. Our library is housed in two rooms. One room is placed references books for postgraduates and the other room serves as a reading room for undergraduates, and magazines, journals and newspapers are placed there. The library is supported by China Medical Board, Medical Association of North America, Myanmar American Medical Society, World Health Organization, the Asia foundation books donation and individual donors.
Former University of Medicine-Mandalay was situated within the compound of University of Mandalay in 1954-1955. In 1958, Library was set up at the upper floor of University's Main Hall and Head of Pharmacology, Dr. Myint Than was acted as librarian. In 1968, Dr. JE Deli, posted as an advisor of library by American Library Association and he leaded to make a catalog of books and documents. In 1966, Head of Microbiology department, Dr. Nyunt Nyunt acted as acting-librarian. During 1966, U Kaung Nyunt was also a librarian. 1981, library was built as separate one story building. In 1992, the building was extended to four-story building. From 2005 to 2007, librarian was U Aye Nge. From 2009 to 2010, librarian was Daw San San Aung. From 2014 to 2018, librarian was Daw Khin Win Myint. From 2019 to still now, librarian is Daw Tha Zin Oo.